This dry rub has zing to it without setting your mouth afire. My favorite spicy chicken uses this rub and mesquite smoke for an unbelievably flavorful dish. Highly recommended for pork shoulder, ribs, or BBQ / smoked chicken.
- ¼ C firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ C Spanish paprika
- 2 T kosher salt (note: the size of salt crystals affects measurements)
- 3 T ground cumin
- 2 T freshly cracked black pepper
- 1½T cayenne
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t oregano
Directions For Use
- Simply mix the ingredients well.
- Rinse meat and dry thoroughly.
- Rub a teaspoon or two of oil on meat to cover entire surface. Apply dry rub generously to all parts of meat.
- Allow to sit for 30-45 minutes before cooking low and slow with the indirect method.
- DO NOT BASTE or apply mop sauce! Dry rub will form dark “bark” of unbelievable flavor.