- 2/3 C firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ C Spanish paprika
- 2 T kosher salt (note: the size of salt crystals affects measurements)
- 2 ½ T ground cumin
- 2 T freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 T cayenne (or 1 1/2 T if you like spicey!)
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1 t oregano
Directions For Use
- Simply mix the ingredients well.
- Rinse meat and dry thoroughly.
- Rub a teaspoon or two of oil on meat to cover entire surface. Apply dry rub generously to all parts of meat.
- Allow to sit for 30-45 minutes before cooking low and slow with the indirect method.
- DO NOT BASTE or apply mop sauce! Dry rub will form dark “bark” of unbelievable flavor.