These are the best BBQ Baked Beans I’ve ever had and I am happy to share the love with you. They go great with any BBQ, are easy to prepare, and are certain to be a hit!
- 1/2 lb. Hickory-smoked bacon
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 7 jalapeno peppers, seeded & diced
- 2-3 cubano peppers, seeded & chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 large can (28 oz) baked beans
- 1 can (16 oz) red kidney beans
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 Cup Spicey KC-style BBQ Sauce
1. In a 9″ cast iron skillet, brown diced bacon.
2. Add onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute’e in bacon drippings until they start to clear and carmelize.
3. Add drained beans, brown sugar, liquid smoke, BBQ sauce to skillet and stir.
4. For best results, place cast iron skillet in smoker near coals or above entrance from side fire box for 1 hour while liquid reduces. Cooking on stove-top or grill will also suffice.
5. Serve before drueling commences!